Bad day.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Nov 15, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Well guys I wrecked my truck today. I rear ended somebody and the roads where all wet and the brakes locked up on my truck and it I just sled right into the back of the SUV. She did a complete 180 and ended up on the other side of the road in a ditch and I ended up in a Church's yard about 35yds off of the road. It really didn't do much damage to my truck I was kinda surprised too cause it was about a 45mph hit. I don't think it is totaled but well see what the insurance agency says. Just want to say be very careful when the roads are wet you always think it will never happen to you but it can happen to anybody.

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I hope everyone is ok?????

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

It could have been much worse. I know what you mean by streets being wet. It started raining here about 11:30am and when I hit some leaves pulling up to a stop sign I said Oh boy here we go. Thankfully I got stopped. Drove in the right hand lane and did about 25 the rest of the way home. :)

4. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

Be glad you are here to type the thread.hope all is well!

5. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

It could of been worse...You could of been in a tanker truck and been hit by an SUV!! Boy was that a fire!

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Glad you are ok. Be careful out there.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I know, I live about 10mins from where the wreck happened.

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Does your trailer have brakes on one or both axles?

Oldtimer

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

well i guess that's why we have insurrance. Brakes a funny like that when wet, whenever it's been raining and the truck's been sitting in the parking lot, the brakes the brakes lock up when you barely touch them, after a mile of driving they're fine, but it is scary to think that with a trailer pushing you you total over 7,000 lbs, many of you guys even total over 10,000 lbs. that kind of weight can really do some damage, i'm glad everyone was okay, any damage to the equipment, or were you smart and strap everything down? what type of SUV? a whimpy little KIA, or something a little meaner like a Suburban?

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Man, that SUCKS. As I recall, that was a dang nice truck from the pictures on here of it. Be kinda sad to see it totalled out. Hope everything turns out OK for you!