1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Day!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Aug 8, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I spent all day cutting and doing extras, I was doing my neighbors yards last for today, and the portorican that helps the lady who has MS next door backed over my trimmer!, She was parked in front of the house, and backed fastly into the driveway destroying my trimmer, it was in a million pieces! Even though it was a homelite trimlite that was 7 yrs. old, it was the toughest little trimmer I've ever had, and I used it to do all of my edging, I will really miss it!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It literally brought tears to my eyes when I saw it!:cry: :cry: :cry: !

Who's fault was it!?????:confused:
  2. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Make them pay...

for it.
  3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

That would be all of about $7.00

-Not saying that it was a bad trimmer, just that it was a seven years old Homelite !!!
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

7.00 or 700.00 dollars is irrelevant. he backed over it, he owes the $$$ if you want it.

the ball is in your court on wether you want to collect on the damaged property.
  5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Ok, so YOU leave a trimmer in a DRIVEWAY and it's their fault? LOL
  6. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Thats not a bad day
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

bad day? u want to hear about a bad day? a customer whos a month late on thier payments, and sees me in the supermarket. that piece of junk aint worth worrying about
  8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

This is not directed at you but something for us all to take into consideration when we get consumed by our misfortunes. . . I don't think you should pursue getting any money for what happened. You were both partly at fault as it took two of you being negliegent for this to happen. Besides, what goes around comes around. Let's take a look at this in a diferent light for a sec. Let's say you got ugly and the customer gave you $200 (being really generous here) to replace your 7 year old trimmer. You really showed them and now you have yer new trimmer. The next week at their neighbor's house (who knows you made the other neighbor pay for your trimmer), while you are working on their yard, the Mrs. decides to put her recently acquired $3000 antique collector's item on the lawn for a few minutes while she re-arranges the pool deck furniture (and remember, I am just making this up for the sake of an example). Here you come with your big mower, backing up to get a section of grass you missed, and "crunch", there went 3K. Now, she shouldn't have put it there knowing you were mowing, even if it were just for a few moments. On the other hand, you should have been looking. Do you hope she is nice and knows it was an accident and forgives you or do you hope that she is vengeful and says you owe her a replacement? Knowing that you've just torn yer mower up too. . .Just a thought guys - do onto to others as you'd have done to you, remember???
  9. BBS

BBS LawnSite Member

agreed...if you could collect that easily,I'd throw MYSELF under a car :D
  10. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa