bad day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazyscaper, Apr 7, 2004.

1. crazyscaper

crazyscaper LawnSite Member

first off i went out to the shed to fix the redmax. the shutoff wire disconnected, so i loosened the screw for the gas tank so i could get my hand in there, and the gas tank stared leaking all over the place. apparently it was cracked so i was real mad, i was already late leaving. so i think for a min, and remember that i have another blower. i take the other blower out of the back and get it to start. i go to work and about an hour later i rig the throttle cable out cuz i got stuck on a tree. it was just a crappy day, and now i am behind especially because sunday is easter, which means no work.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Yah man, I feel you on that one. Last weekend was like the first "real season day" of the year. One mower just died on me for some reason, I think it's something to do with the cables, I didnt care to look at it, so I just pulled another off the trailer. Then my helper thinks he broke one, but just put it into N instead of 3rd gear. Kinda a scare, didn't wanna be stuck with one mower the whole day. I lose the gas cap to my blower so I have to take one off a backup trimmer, and then I lose the gas in that trimmer, and then I end up finding the lost cap. Oh well, but later that day I got a good job that really paid off though.

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I've had days when I sware that I should've died. So clutsy or so many things went so wrong I wondered why I pulled out of my drive way with my rig.

On day like that I just vow to not crank the chain saw up.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Oh yeah, the chain kept falling off the saw, and then all the sudden all hell break loose and it pours down rain for the next hour.