bad day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapperboy, Aug 1, 2004.

1. snapperboy

snapperboy LawnSite Member

so i was driving down the road with my tralier behind me with my new scag i had bought bout a year ago and i heard a big noise so i looked back and saw that i forgot to lock on the back gate of the trailer and my mower rolled out of the trailer and was plowed by an 18 wheeler this was one of the worst ays i have had in a while. and it was on the highway going bout 75 mph

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

why is this in picture forum??

3. snapperboy

snapperboy LawnSite Member

very bad day ....................

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a dream, or a load of .....whats that smell?.....BS!

i dont lock down my mowers (1 ztr, and one belt wb) and i have never had one roll...EVER.

trevor

5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I and We want to see some pictures. Especially if it was posted in the pictures forum originally.

Pictures please.

That does suck though man. Sorry to hear about that.

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

1)So, if I did a search, would I find you to be one of those people who say, "I save 7.5 minutes per day, by not tying my equipment down..."
    2)Why no pics?
    3)Did the truck driver sue you for negligence (yet) ?
    Crawdad

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Can't say I feel sorry for you AT ALL !!!

Let's look at how many places you went wrong:

1. Doing 75mph while pulling a landscape trailer.

2. Not strapping down your mowers.

3. Not securing your gate.

Imagine how much of a "bad day" it would have been for some family if it was a car behind you? Or a motorcyclist?

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, especially the motorcyclist!!!! And I thought I used to have it bad just dodging idiots in cages!!!:angry:

9. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, don't rag on the poor guy so hard! Don't we all forget something once in a while? Only usually we get away without trashing a nearly new mower and an 18-wheeler.

Snapperboy, you got my sympathy.

10. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Pics?

I don't know guys... I hope this is a B.S. story, which I kind of think it is. If it isn't, I sure don't feel sorry for the guy - you live, you learn. If you're trailering, you don't drive 75 (or for that matter, about any speed at all) with an unsecured load - period. You should always secure your load on your trailer if you're going to be doing any speed at all.

Forget all about the rolling off the trailer backwards idea - what happens to an unsecure load when you suddenly have to stomp the brakes because some old guy with blue hair pulls out right in front of you, even when you're doing 45? :eek:

Yep, you got it - your mower is now in your rear window.