Bad Deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rebel2002, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

To protect a technical proposal ... whether in response to either a solicited or unsolicited customer request .... the following notice should be affixed to the cover page ….also a good practice to place the above notice on the bottom of each page, assuming all the information is in fact confidential:

THIS PROPOSAL CONTAINS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OF FANTASY LAWNS INC. AND SHALL NOT BE USED, DISCLOSED OR REPRODUCED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO EVALUATE THIS PROPOSAL, WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF FANTASY LAWNS INC. IN AND TO THIS DOCUMENT AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN REMAINS AT ALL TIMES IN FANTASY LAWNS INC.

Understand this is much like a "Non Compete" Clause .... barking dog ....unless one is willing to put up $$ for the legal battle

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have stated before "NEVER write bid specs for large commercial complexes!" Always ask for a copy of theirs. Also, all of my commercial accounts and some of my residential accounts ask for proof of insurance. Your insurance co can fax over the type of coverage you have and the amount of coverage.
    Live and learn grasshoppers!!

3. So why wouldn't res want to have copied also?

I only have 2 that ask if I have either of those, they own their own businesses.

To many people imply, think, hope, assume, etc.. that we have ins. or even licsensed.

I happen to know an LCO that doesn't have any kind of commercial INS. what so ever. He does many comm. places and I wonder how he gets by.

One guy totaled his truck with the trailer behind it and my INS co would have cancled me if not for comm. ins. if that happened to me.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks but you might as well let it go. People like that will get what's coming to them eventually. Probably better off you didn't get the work if the business conducts itself in that fashion.