Bad Economy?, Low Ball? Bid This!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Mar 21, 2003.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Bid This.
    Specs: Lawn SqFt 16,683 , irrigated , Mow 25 times per year , 2 CuYrd mulch (3 beds) install once, then turn once per year ; Min of one app of broadleaf app late spring ; aerate, fert, lime, overseed once per year.

Price as per annual contract…lump sum per year, to be paid over 12 months.
    Assumptions: Bid it tight, as if completing a route in an area you already work. The lawn would take 1 – 1.5 hours to mow and trim….1/4 of it is on a steep slope, which is erroding.

After some responses I will post what it went for. I just want to see if this company is bidding way low or not, they were a few hundred less than me!

Have fun bidding.
    :p

2. AltaLawnCare

To the top. ;)

3. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

one millllllllllllllllion dollars! Who cares? besides you.

4. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i can't give you a price because if it took me that long to mow 16000 sq ft i'd have to shoot myself!!!

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah really, I would take it that is one guy at 1-1.5hrs.?

6. LCAmerica2

LCAmerica2 LawnSite Member

is it open cutting or alot of objects

7. AltaLawnCare

Average trimming. One person...60" Z gate down to gate up would be around 1 - 1.5 hours...
    If you run a two man crew just figure 45 minutes on the site. There is no areas to get the Z up to speed.
    Again it would take 1 - 1.5 hours.

I Mow a 3 acre Church with cemetary in 3 - 4 hours, so I don't need to shoot myself just yet.....Unlike some of you I want to stay in business for a while, so drive time needs to be tacked on.

Obviously by some of the answers so far, it could be low balled here too; so this is probably a waste of time.
    :rolleyes:

8. AltaLawnCare

ConPro is on ignore list.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Maybe I'm missing something or did not read it correctly but how do you figure 1-1.5 hrs on 16-17k sf lawn with a 60" mower? I did a 12k sf lawn average trim and blow the other day with my 52" w/b and sulky in alittle under 30 minutes so I would think I could do that place in 45 minutes or so. How'd you come to 1.5 hrs? Just curious, don't add me to your ignore list just because I'm ignorant :angel:

10. AltaLawnCare

Back lawn is on a slope...enough so you'd have to ease around. The left side of th ehome is on a very steep slope, the Z would have to be rode straight up forward, then backed down, for most of it.

I put the time, because you all can't see the property to judge this. The size is of the actula grass area, not including th ehome or drive, walks, etc.