Bad Fall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ron, May 19, 2001.

1. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

On tuesday may 15 at around 8;35am just after finishing up on some shrubs which were over 12 ft hig using my 8 ft ladder. I lost my balance and came crashing down first on my but back and my head hit the sidewalk. well I got up and had a bad feeling in my gut I climbed into my truck and went to the er well to make a long story short I had crushed my t12 compressed fracture and had spent four days in the hospital the sad thing is I will not be able to cut grass for 8 weeks until it heals.....and I did not have the right insurance to cover me think god this was only a part time job and my full time I had full coverage insurance..So anyways I have been calling all of my clients to say I cannot cut grass for 8 weeks and for the client where I did the accident says Sorry to hear this but you still didnot finish doing thhe shrubs and we will not pay you until it is finished...boy got hurt and still no pay for the job...what can I doo except just lay on my bed and do nothiing for 8 weeks..please I need some advise..
  2. ron

sorry for the misspelled words been on high doses of meds for my bad back...I hope I can cpme back and work again after 8 weeks of bed rest.......
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to hear about the bad fall, hope you feel better soon
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

sorry to hear about your accident? do you have a fellow LCO you are friendly with? maybe he/she could pick up your accounts and maintain them till 8 weeks goes by. that way your customers will be satisfied and you wont lose any accounts
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

How many accounts do you have Ron? I'm sure someone on this board, lives near you and would be willing to help you out.
  6. dhicks

dhicks Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortune and wish you a speedy recovery. I do hope you have a few friends in the LCO arena who can help you out. Do get well!:confused:
  7. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your fall! The first thing I'd do is tell those shrub customers that you really appreciated their concern for your safety...that in these selfish, egocentric, me first times it was refreshing to feel such concern from them for your safety...Then I would even waste one second or a phone call on them. It just seems to me that they don't have a clue and why should you kill yourself (almost) for people like that?

CLARKE LawnSite Member

[sorry to hear about your fall, If something like
    this were to happin to me or many of us we could
    lose it all. good luck to ya,CLARKE
    B]BXXXB[/B] :) royal blue :angel: :angel: :angel:
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to here about your misfortune. I am sure most of your customers will understand and waite for you. I was looking under the hood of my tractor one windy day and the wind blew the hood down on my head. While bleeding profusly the lil ol lady customer is hounding me about blowing off her back patio with no concern that the blood is running down my face. I guess busness is business with some people and she is still my customer and one of my best. Just get well and go finish the job. Dont expect sympathy from a customer because you dont have to love them to make money off them
  10. ron

Hey thanks I need all the support I can get to make it through these 8 weeks alot of my I have 43 customers and already talked to about 4/4 of them soo far they will wait for me and have there neighbors cut there yards.......