Bad Friday???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mikegyver, May 4, 2012.

1. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

I had a wheel fall off mid mowing, that was pleasant. Oh and I got stuck at a dead end street when doing a new customer, more fun ensued !

2. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Orrdc, same thing happened to me... that makes me feel better at least. Did you mow over it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hydro pump bearing ans seal went out, overnited parts, fixed and installed pymp. Go to test it and find pieces got a wheel motor seal too.....overniting more parts

Backup mower on trailer, make 1 pass and suck up gumball, break belt, wont be in till monday.

I hope this aint how this year is gonna play out
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

One day I ran over my work tunes with my truck, ran over my lightly used 034 with the KX-161 and then tipped it over and knocked a window out of it and **** my pants all in one day..... feel better?

5. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

I was nodding along until the part where you **** your pants, then I just started laughing :drinkup:

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Oyes bad day today just got done with 60 acres school and was at stop light and light turn green let off the clutch paddle and and sound like someone hit me in the rear It was my rear drive shaft twisted it off

7. javelin377

javelin377 LawnSite Member

I did that one day. Pain hit. Poop came out. End of story.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally got a pic of the phone uploaded.
    [​IMG]

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This guy seems to have had a bad day of mowing...

================

ABC7 Denver News

Man Shot After Dropping Gun While Mowing
    Police Say Man Had Gun In Pocket

Posted by: Thomas Hendrick, News Editor
    POSTED: 7:46 am MDT May 21, 2012

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A Colorado Springs man is recovering after he dropped his gun and it went off while he was mowing his lawn.
    Police say the man had a loaded handgun in his pocket on Sunday when it fell out, struck the sidewalk and discharged. The bullet hit the victim's lower leg.
    The man, who was not identified, was treated and released from a hospital.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31092086/detail.html
    -

10. Phones just take a hit in this line of work. Just the dust scratches alone will eventually take away the newness. As for your friend losing his backpack. My dad backed over my one week old Shindaiwa eb-45 (it was in 1987). I left it out overnight in back of my truck. He moves the truck to get his car out and crunch. But the blower still worked as he stopped before major damage.