1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Habbit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcs, Jan 9, 2001.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

How many of you get in the habbit of not putting your seat belt on because your in and out of the truck so much? I know I never wear one any more.
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We have random check points around here. So i always try to wear mine
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We wear ours on the way to the area we mow and coming home too. We don't put them on to go down the street a few houses.
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I always wear mine, even if going around the corner, I have such a habit that I have it on before I realize I did it. Plus, being a MEDIC I have seen enough people thrown into windsheilds, what a mess.
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If I see employees without there belts on, they receive a verbal warning. If they are ticketed for not wearing one they are relieved of duty from that point. I cannot afford to pay my crews for neglect and disregard for the company when most tickets take about 20 min. ( yes I could be an authority on the issue ).

As a vol. firefighter I agree with kirby as well. Don't like the carcass catchers ... but they work!!!

my .02
  6. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Count slowly 1.......2.......3.......4.......5

You just buckled you seat belt, saved your life, and avoided a ticket. Is that hard?
  7. Rufur

Rufur LawnSite Member
    from md

yeah I admit I have this habit as well I try to hook the belt up while driving away...also for plowing because the belt cuts my neck
  8. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a habit of wearing my seat belt or I can't drive.
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Ill probabely pay for it but almost never
    wear it in town.In this area the police
    dont pay much attention to that in work trucks.
  10. Banzaitoy

Banzaitoy LawnSite Member

For all you guys who : don't have time to buckleup, it hurts your neck, I,m just going down the street. ETC. ETC ETC.

I propose these rules. :
    1. When the ambulance picks you up; they don't have to turn the siren on to rush your carcass to the hospital.
    2. Your insurance company doesn't pay any medical, liability or property claims because YOU were operating a motor vehicle in violation of the law and common sense.

But hey you are doing the human race a favor because eventually the gene pool will sort out those of you not intelligent nough to buckle up! Congrats to all you future Darwin Award Nominees. What are you going to do next to impress us. Clear out the discharge chute of your Walmart 21" walk behind??????