1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad habit, but...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by raschmid07, Jan 18, 2006.

1. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

During a long hard day of mowing, a nice pinch of Skoal seems to be a nice, little treat. As bad of a habit as it is, trust me I know, I was wondering what most guys dipped or chewed on here. Seeing as I'm still in high school, of course all the buddies I know that mow seem to enjoy some type of dip or chew. Just thought I'd spice up the conversation seeing as mowing season is a couple of months away.
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Used to use Levi Garret or Red Man. Quit as soon as you can! It is really dangerous and an expensive habit and women really hate it. Trust me stop now even if your friends give you grief over it.
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, Im in high school too, and a ton of my friends dip. I dont, and some are starting to stop. Its a gross habit, and I have seen first hand some of the damamges it can do down the road. Just looking a one of those pictures of somones mouth cut open is enough to make you not want to buy another tin for the rest of your life. Quit ASAP.
  4. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

redseal fine cut.
  5. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

Just to let you know this will be one of the hardest habits you will ever try to quite! So you better not start. I dipped for 15 years and quite it is BADD . You need to stay away for it . And the price is upthere to.:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
  6. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

I dip Cope. Stuff is really expensive here at 9.00/can.
  7. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Not that it will do any good, because most of us do what we want to do, but my 2 cents worth anyway(from a 60 year old) to you young guys. PLEASE DON'T START. It and any other tobbaco products are so addictive you spend 15 years enjoying it and the about that long trying to quit. Find something else to spend your hard earned money on other than destroying your health.
  8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I did it a long time ago, I wish I never would have started, it was a very hard to quite.

I was young and Dumb!
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

QUIT! I chew and I am trying like hell to quite. I had a lady yell at me for spitting on her lawn while mowing, I don't know how she saw me but she didn't like it at all. It wasn't like I had a huge dip in either. I also don't allow they guys that chew to spit on any hard suraface what so ever!
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Yeah it is gooood. Grizzly Wintergreen. I don't dip everyday, but when I do it really is relaxing and gives me a positive feeling. I don't think it will hurt you too bad as long as you are not doing it everyday. I can't remember to do the stuff on a regular basis, so I couldn't get addicted if I tried.