Bad Luck Again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Sep 22, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So I am trimming up some pine trees for a customers neighbor. I am walking along trimming them up I step on a brush pile on the ground for their old lawn debris (grass clippings, leaves, etc) and my foot sank into it a little bit. Next thing I know I feel a sharp pain on my leg, and then another, and another. Yup, got stung again by yellow jackets, THREE times. :realmad:

That brings my total to 8 times in the last 1 1/2 weeks. What is my luck?

vipermanz likes this.
  2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Tiedeman,
    Man I think you better break out that old Bumble Bee Halloween costume and start wearing it while you mow. They ain't going to mess with a big ol' queen bee that size!! :nono: :D

Buck

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

And thats were you are wrong....You see, HE would be a KING bee, and after mating the worker bees sting the king bee to death. :dizzy:

What he needs is a bee keeper suit!!! lol

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

They say it gets easier after 9 or 10 times. No, just kiddin. Ive had several run ins with them this year also. About 2 months ago I started bush hogging this subdivision when whithout warning I feel a sting to my neck, then my ear tip. As I gas the tractor up and hi tail it away from the area Im in, one managed to sting me rite on my eye lid. I swatted my prescription glasses off my head and they got chopped up under the cutter. Then damn thing kept hitting me 250 foot away. I got even though. A little gas in the hole and a match took care on things. :angry: :angry: :waving: :cool:

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

dang!!! I thought that we had the problem solved

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Do you wear after shave? Have you changed brands sense this started? Bright colored shirts and some fragrances of after shave and perfume have been know to attract bees.
    Just a thought.
    From what you said just sounds more like bad luck though.

8. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

He stepped in the nest. It wouldn't matter what color he was wearing, or what he smelled like!

9. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Just one occurrence and yes I would not not have said anything but 8 times in 1 1/2 weeks just made me think there might be more to it. I realize there may not be a connection but it did make me wonder.

10. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Maybe you should lottery ticket. I know when a bird craps on you that is a sign of good luck....... Hey never no.