Bad Luck!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jklawns, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jklawns

jklawns LawnSite Member

So I have been working on getting my door hanger for mowing just right for the past week and I got up this morning and found a door hanger on my door. Now I have had hangers for irigation and fertilizing but of course the year I decide to do door hangers I get a door hanger for mowing. Never before have I recieved a door hanger for mowing. O well I will have to push the fact that I am a small owner and I will do the job right so I can get some customers.

Sorry just had to vent!:hammerhead:

2. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Ya I was kinda PO'ed yesterday when I went to a neighborhood I have been targeting heavily to put out door hangers, and lo and behold all the doors are plastered with another lco's crummy looking flyer.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

then find out what they are going to charge and then charge them $10 less!!!! jeez dont you guys know how to do business?

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Yes raven, lowballing is the obvious answer here. Why sell your services based on quality and actually make a living?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

pssh the more you lowball the more customers you get :laugh:

6. jklawns

jklawns LawnSite Member

Hey Luckydooly where are you located. The hangers I saw were an ugly green with black ink. The worst part is thier name is very similar to mine. I think thier name was green river or something like that

7. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

door hangers are bunk. your begging 4 business.

8. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

Never tried them before. Was thinking of having some printed up, along with some plastic 18x24 yard signs to ring in some more business. We have so many low ballers around here drives me nuts:angry::angry:. They usually do crappy work, then people call me to try and fix the scalpes, clumps of grass in the yard. I usually raise my orginal price by $10.00.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

raven, either you are a prankster or a complete idiot. lowballers ruin business and drive the market lower so none of us can make a living and we end up being the poor lawnboy that rich folk look down upon, i however like to be seen as a true professional with college knowledge and lots of real world experience that my customers can count on, low ballers are pos's

10. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

I totally agree with grassman177, Low Baller's need to be hauled out back and the Sh*t beat out of them, (you know EDUCATE'em). Sorry that is a little venting. They have ruin some of the great market around here along with some of the beautiful lawns that I created.