Bad News In Youngstown,Ohio Area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Jul 26, 2002.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

I stopped in at my dealer yesterday(thursday) for a new chain for the chainsaw, and the sales rep. told me they're going out of business in 2 days (Saturday). I thought he was joking at first, but then he said it again and the look in his face said it all. He told me Monday night the onwers called in him and the 2 other emploees and told them after Saturday there services wouldn't be needed anymore and they were selling the land and shipping everything back to the exmark, echo, ect., ect. I really didn't know what to say, I couldn't even tell them sorry. I was so shocked, I always talked to the reps. when I went in and would b/s with them for awhile. They were the perfect dealership, they knew every contractor by name when he went in, always had fast service if you broke down, ect. I'll never forget one day I broke down and called them up saying my battery was dead and the mower was on the trailer, no problem bring it in and there was Eric standing in the parking lot with a new battery and the tools to get off the old. Its amazing though because the one time we were talking and they told me how many exmark mowers they sold so far that year and all the other equipment they sold, and it was mind blowing at the time, I'm not saying they were cheap, I always check around before I bought and the were selling the same equipment for about the same price.

well enough of my babaling, just to let the guys in the youngstown area know Poland Power is going out of business effective Saturday.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry to hear that you are loosing such a good dealer Joshua. But after making a statement like this:

100k houses and up with yards that look worse than (we'll we all know what i'm saying). then i've seen yards at house 40k and less with yards that could be a putting green.

it doesn't suprise me that the dealer couldn't stay in business.