bad poa issue

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by suzook, May 9, 2013.

1. suzook

suzook LawnSite Member

Have a lawn that sprouted ALOT of poa this year, and am looking for opinions. I'm thinking let it run its course right now, and then in august hit it with a pre m....what you guys think?

2. suzook

suzook LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the tips guys

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

With poa, pre is the way to approach it. I am not a cool season grass person, but I would imagine it would be very difficult to eliminate post. In warm season turf in my area, an app in fall and late winter controls it. If you are overseeding you must take apps into consideration.

4. Gabby

Gabby LawnSite Member

I whould love to know what the solution is for poa. See an old thread of mine seen here:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=313242&highlight=poa

My lawn is loaded with the shite.

5. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

I have tried Dim EC and 2EC and PreM and nope. Prograss works but high $$$$$. Using it in my own yard now. This year is bad.

6. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

be patient! some of us dont get on until late. i am not a cool season grass man at all. all i treat is bermuda. but simazine is what i treat i know you cant do that in fescue all i can say is pre but hopefully someone that treats fescue can let you know. good luck!

7. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

How about some pic's? How did you determine it's poa? Its seems hard to tell the difference between some annual rye, some fescues, and poa. I have two lawns on my routes right now that have an infestation of some type of grass, but I do not know how to confirm what they are.

8. Comanski

Comanski LawnSite Member

Exonerate from Arysta is relatively new and is showing good results.

9. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I am letting it run its course and making notes of who needs a fall pre-emergent.

I never get calls on poa. I have had a few this year. Lawns that never had it are covered.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. suzook

suzook LawnSite Member

Strange...where the hell did this crap come from? The hurricane/snow we had?? LOL.