Bad reaction to Spider bite

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Quality, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

I never felt the bite,intill 7or 8 hour later,after I finished cutting for the day,It was time to go home,but I felt something was not right with me,dry mouth,heart racing,the bite started to itch which was on my chest,a burning feeling at the area of bite and ran down my left arm,as i'm driving home I'm trying to talk my self out of it,like it's all in my head.then it hit me it felt like someone had me in a big vise,it felt like all my veins where going to pop!but my air way was fine,I prayed! and pulled over in the next drive way .and asked for help and called 911,went the Er, they said i was bitten from a brown recuse ,I don't know because the two holes are 1/4 inch apart! almost like a snake bite!I'm glade to be alive.the bite wound did not ulcerate everthing healed up except the bite marks which are like bilters now! the ER put me on antibiotic,antihistamine,histamine -blockers,and stairoids, somthing so small can do a lot of damage! so guys and girls shake them shoes and shirts from time to time,you never know!
  2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Uncle got bit by one in the early 80s. Put him out for 4 weeks. Your'e lucky, glad your okay.
  3. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Brown Recluse, pehaps? buddy got bit by one...nasty buggers...f'ed him up good.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

it's amazing how something so small can't make you so sick, just like a deer tic bite.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Brown Recluse are nasty. A lady near me, got bit by one, while cleaning her basement and didn't relize until hours later what bit her. She nearly died from the bite. I'm glad to hear you are ok.
  6. ynvvbr

ynvvbr LawnSite Member

Green, My chiro got bit by on here i York abt a Month and a hlaf ago. Same thing you described except that he now has thsi dime size piece of skin gone on his hand. Pretty ugly.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to hear your ok!