bad reveiw for my new Dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CBB, May 29, 2003.

1. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Just wanted to post for anyone looking at new trucks.

Bought a Dodge 1500 two months ago. I am a traveling sales rep that puts approx. 1000 miles/ week on it. Presently I am in a rental truck for the next week. Yesterday had pinon seal replaced because was showing a little leaking. Took all day, but under warranty. Today, the roaring sets in and rear end is shot. Got the first repair at the biggest dealer in the state in my hometown. But now I am 250 miles away, in another state with my truck at a dealer in a town of 3000 pop.

Dodge is covering my truck and rental, but will not let me pull my trailer with equipment. Which means I have a trailer full of stuff far away from home that I have to store somewhere. For me no trailer = down time and loss of money. Not happy at all and will be looking to trade trucks as soon as this one is out of the shop.

Sorry about the rambling, but want to help anyone out there looking.

2. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey CBB sorry to hear about your problems with your truck. I think you should trade, for a 3/4 ton. Don't know how heavy your trailer is, but a 1/2 ton isn't made for pulling big loads continuously. You still shouldn't be having the problems you're having though. With those kind of problems on a 2 month old truck, maybe Dodge will work with you to buy the truck back. I personally prefer Dodge as I've had better luck with them than Ford or Chevy, but which ever brand you chose, I highly recommend a 3/4 ton.

Randy

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Friends don't let friends drive Dodges.;)

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Do the Lemon laws apply yet?

5. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Pull the trailer anyway....how are they going to know?

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

2500 DIESEL !!!!!!

7. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

quick update on the Dodge. Called dealer today. Rebuilding the complete rear end. Will be picking it up tommorrow. Driving a Chevy from Enterprise that Chrysler is picking up the tab on. Confirmed that I want my Dodge back because, do not like this Chevy at all.

Have to say "hats off" to the folks for stepping to the plate and keeping me in a truck (even if another brand) all at their expense.

For towing comparisons. I pull a 16ft. open trailer with at most 2 ZTr's on it. At most the weight would be 2500 lbs. but put a lot of miles on it.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Friend with F-350 had the same problem with rear axle.

Mike

9. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Just had a new tranny installed in my 2002 Chevy HD. Only 8000 miles. Under warranty but a big inconvenience as I pull my mowers. Wouldn't give me another truck to pull mowers, but believe it or not it rained all the time my truck was out of service. I am a firm believer that Ford, Chevy and Dodge are all junk.

10. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know that they're all junk, but you can sure get a lemon from any of the big 3. What luck though, to have it raining the whole time your truck is being worked on!

Randy