bad storms

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawncare18, Jul 30, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Some bad bad storms in cny yesterday afternoon.. Was at the golf course 5 am till 6 pm trying to clean it up... not even close to being done... anyone else get hit bad... Course is on a main road and it was opne tree company fleet after another at 7 am going bye ... Any of you other guys dealing with this???

2. mole

mole LawnSite Member

yep erie county(buffalo got wacked yesterday around 6pm trees all over the place and people still with out power today.

3. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

National Weather Service confirmed a small tornado went through Marcellus, NY Saturday. Seems like this year we don't get a steady raid all day, instead we get a monsoon for 30 minutes. More flash flooding and stuff like that this year. I don't ever remember anything like it. Plus record rainfall for July 10".

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

yea dj lawncare... I am the assistant at tuscaroura... some big trees down... lots of medium sized stuff all over... lots of raking and blowing the next few days... You have a green truck? Thought I saw you pass by the other day fri maybe??? I saw yesterday marcellus looks like it got it worse then us... saw upstate tree service down there working sunday am... You must be keeping busy mowing this year id bet???