1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad times with cleanup work

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by zechstoker, Apr 6, 2013.

1. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, I have a couple ole self prop mowers that I have pickup over the years. I usually have 25 or so in them. Picked one up this year for 25 and it has a masquito killer aspect to it. Which is important when mowing high grass. :laugh:
  2. Actually he was apprehensive to do the job and a lot of us told him to do it....looks like his instincts were right.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I keep hearing the term "weed whipping" on this forum, but no idea what a weed whip is. Is that another name for a field trimmer?
  4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

String trimmer is probably the most descriptive term,,, but it got started as Weedeater,,, becuz there was a company called weedeater that made them... its like Kleenex,,, everybody and their brother makes tissues for a coffee table but everyone calls them kleenex...

But the one I'm referring to is on wheels and is more like a lawnmower,,, than the handheld shown in your pix...
  5. zechstoker

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification.
  6. zechstoker

Finally got the mower back from the shop. The bill came out to $207.69. A lot cheaper than I was anticipating.
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

not too bad. at least you still made a little money on the job. :laugh:
  8. zechstoker

Better to make a quarter than to lose a dollar. :drinkup:
  9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

WB rough cut mower or a Stihl Trimmer with a poly cut 40-3 head should been the tools for that job Foxtail is easy to cut
    Around here we have wild red clover in over grown lawns and that is tough to cut
  10. zechstoker

Does that stuff just grow in dense patches? I had to look it up to see what it was. Some of the lawns here get white clover in them. Looks the same, just different color.