Bad timing for a snow storm!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Nov 25, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: here i jersey we've just started our cleanups and now were facing 3-6 inches of snow on wed. this could'nt be any worse timing. just an end to a very frustracting year as far as the weather is concerned. tony

2. same here i`ve been plaqued by snow comin and goin set me back 3 weeks before i could finally mow. whats happenin tonite

dcp01582.jpg

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Yah i know, they said up to 6" here. I have to finsh cleaups still, If it was next week it would be great but I don't even have the plows ready, tomorrows gonna he a scamble, I'm gonna have to have the guys do leaves while i work on plows.

4. JimB

JimB LawnSite Member

:realmad: I can't believe this, were gonna get hit over here with snow on wednesday and I still gotta get these leaves done, what a nightmare!!!

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Well look at the bright side. At least you get to plow. I'm stuck with a heavy dusting(1-2"). Too much to finish leave clean-ups, and not enough to plow. :mad:

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

what a year..drought, heat, then it rains about every other day the past 2 months screwing up fall turf renovations and now many of us are backed up on cleanups due to more rain and now snow...some of which wont get done til spring....like I said once b4....you better like this business to put up with what mother nature keeps throwing at us....particularly when you are trying to build a new business...some days I wonder if I need to go have an IQ test to verify I'm not REALLY ******** for getting into this biz...lol

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

it definately sucks. I am going to have to hurry around today to get my accounts all finished up. i had 2-3 weeks of non customer leaf work lined up, but each call i got i told them if it snows, its no guarantee the leaves will get done now. I guess ill just park the mowers, blowers and suckers for a week or so and see if it melts or not. mother nature was not very nice to us this fall thats for sure.

8. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the snow is having a hard time making it's push into the NJ area. The green (rain) keeps on sticking around and the pink (ice) and white (snow) line are still back in Pennsy...

We'll see how it goes, but sure hope the snow melts fast..

Gary

9. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I sitting here wondering when I'll be able to get all my fall clean ups done, as of 10:00 pm I'm looking outside and seeing it hammer snow,I just got the snow removal equip. ready about 10 minutes ago, 1st time in a while that I got lawn mowers and snow blowers sitting side by side. Oh well (Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow)

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

All you landscapers are alike!
    You complain when there's no rain.
    You complain when there's rain.
    Now you complain when there's snow.

Don't you know that's why she's called MUTHA Nature??

If we could ever get the "normal" seasonal weather that is forecasted for the season that we're servicing, life would be good. Other than this spring which had about normal rainfall (a little heavy early) and normal temperatures, it's been hell.

We're at the mercy of nature. Most client's understand this. The one's that don't deserve a second or third look and WE must decide if its worth providing them further service. W/ the impending rain/snow tomorrow, I will have approx 20 of my 225 accounts w/ no visit as of last Monday. The rest are all in fair shape for Turkey Day.

For those who aren't understanding, I like to use this line: "WE aim to make you happy. Since you have expressed your disapproval to our service on numerous accounts, WE feel it is in YOUR best interest to find SOMEONE (other than us of course) that will make you happy. WE will continue to serve you to the best of our abilities for the next 2 weeks or so if you wish until you find a suitable replacement. Thank you."

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Bob