Bad valve

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Toy2, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Help.....Here is the problem:

Have a sprinkler system at my house, 6 zones, 3 valves......Toro flow pro valves, zone 1 and 2 handle the front, 1 is for the scrubs, 2 handles the lawn.......I cannot get zone 2 to to come on using the controller, it shows it is running, but its not, it will then go to zone 3.

I replaced the plunger and as soon as I screwed the cap back on and turn the main on it fired up, ran for 20 minutes and went to the next zone 3. Also replaced the solenoid with a new one...

Shut it off and tried to fire it up and nothing happened.......has the entire valve gone bad?

It did this last year and i just turned the knob and it worked fine....thanks for your help.....

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Buy another valve. It won't be a Flo-Pro, and that's a good thing.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

sweet pics bro

4. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

In my experience, the typical failure mode for the FloPro is "failing closed" where you can't even bleed the valve to come on.

Cut the valve out and replace it with another brand. FloPros are nothing but trouble.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

were those the same flow pro's by toro?

solenoid problems maybe...

diaphram def not hoss.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Flo-Pro valves had a number of issues. They tried to imitate the original jar-top, and would have done better to just buy the other valve company a decade sooner than they did.

7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Toy2, they have all lead you in the right direction, something that is very rare and unusual around here.

Cut that POS out and put in a real valve (stay away from the Nitros, tho, unless your last name starts with an "L").

8. Toy2

Thanks for the quick response, I have a Toro 1'' in-line Jar Top valve handy.....just didn't want to break the shovels out......thanks again folks...:)

9. Toy2

OK.......spent last 2 hours replacing the valve, put new one in and zone 2 fired up, went to the control panel, went to each zone, and came back to 2 and WTF, it did not come on??????

I messed with the bleed valve on the new one and all is does is fire up zone 1 all over again??

Someone please show me the way.....it has to be something simple......spent $40;00 on parts....and wife is tripping on the St. Aug. being torn up....Help!!!

10. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

ugghh.... huh?...