Bad weather in Oklahoma/Texas/Kansas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gene $immons, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

We have snow and freezing conditions here in OKC. Two more storms are on the way. I was spraying lawns last week and sweating. Last year at this time, we were well into scalp and dethatching. I anxious to get back at it. I have some landscaping projects lined up if Spring will hurry up and get here.

Looks like another day at the gym.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

We got 10 inches of snow here a few days ago, worst in 20 years. Got scalping calls coming in and setting up for middle of march. I am ready for spring also.

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a few calls the other day requesting work once the weather gets warmer. People still worry about the lawn even when there is ice everywhere:)

Can't complain about that.
  4. Wheat King

Wheat King LawnSite Member

This is the first time I have had a chance to sit done since Sunday morning. Been clearing parking lots, sidewalks, and spreading ice-melt. The measurable amount of snow was around 14 inches with many drifts up to 40 inches. I am ready for spring too. Scalping isn't my favorite thing to do, but needs to be done and it pays the bills. I am just glad to be working.
  5. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to start spraying this week. I've got two good soze mulch jobs to do, but Ice and snow on the ground. Ye friggin Ha!

6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait to get this snow out of here. We still have about 6 inches on the ground and I just now received a call to go bid a residential. If they are calling with snow on the ground, March is going to be busy. Bring it on.
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I must be the only one that likes all of the business that this snow has been generating for me! Bring the snow on.

8. J & J Mowing

J & J Mowing LawnSite Member
    from KS

I also have cabin fever.
  9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Mostly ice here in DFW, TX. I've done a couple of proposals to the dismay of the potential customers. It won't be long before we all wish for the cooler weather again. There will be lots to do when it melts though.
  10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Monday night we had almost a foot of snow dumped on us, then last night it sleeted on top of all the snow. Now they are calling for more precip tonight and early morning! Temps have been low 20s at night, and upper 20s during the day. Average temps for here this time of year is around 55 or 60! Crazy...:dizzy: