1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bad weather

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rollacosta, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

hi guys the last few years over-here in the UK have been terrible weather wise..i specialize in tree care ,shrub care ,lawn maintenance,stump grinding and have just started grass cutting again..so far this fall we have been averaging 3 days of work per week we simply cannot get out to do more days because of constant wind /gales and persistent rain [ even though it does rain a lot over here this weather is record setting]..
    what do you guys do to try and claw back some lost earnings due to poor weather.to be honest i have a lot of machinery to pay for and if we have another bad winter i will seriously think about quiting the industry..are any of you guys experiencing similar weather related problems?? i know the Aussies are in a severe drought and no grass is growing :angry: PS the weather forecast for my area in fact the whole of the country is Heavy rain ,gale force winds until Monday :angry:..so far this week we have only worked 2 days
  2. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

any one got a reply
  3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

What would you like us to say? Buy a raincoat maybe? :)
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought that everyone knows that the weather sucks in the UK. It's been a running joke for as long as I can remember.

Maybe you could find a part time job, out of the weather, over the winter to help out with the bills. I feel your pain. Sometimes things are just beyond our control. Don't give up.