Bad Week!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Jul 10, 2001.

1. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I have been lucky enough to break 3 windows out in less then 10 days, First it was a honda accord, then a huge double insulated plate glass window and now another plate glass window. Maybe I won't break anything else the rest of the year.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You are luckier than me. I haven't broken any in 16 years. What am I doing wrong? :(

You must be mowing very low to be hitting all these rocks. Try mowing a bit higher where there is a chance of hitting stones, ect.

3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I've been lucky enough to have never broken a window with a mower throwing things, but I've had a couple of weed eating helpers break a couple by cutting too low. Who started this roto-tilling style of trimming anyway???
    Here was my bad week...
    Had to hire an entire new crew this week. After poor performance last week, 3 crew members left on Friday, suffering from burn out and Lord only knows what else. Well, He and I both know, but that's an entirely different thread.
    Anyway, the new crew is performing well, and hopefully, I'll end up better off than before.
    Have a great week everyone.

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Boy the glass company is going to follow you around. Maybe I went into the wrong business.......

5. in the 4 years i have been climbing for now, i have not had to file a single insurance claim against anything. this year i had to file one claim. i had to do a branch about 12" in diameter, it was over a house, power lines, and a car. we did no damage other than some very minor scratches to the car.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

talk about lucky, the only accident i ever has was when an employee didnt tighten the edger blade properly, he was edging and the blade came flying off, right past my head, hit the back hood of the customers car, scraped the crap out of it, cracked the back windshield, then dented the roof. no one was home, came back later, showed the damage to him, he said screw it, ill just say my nephew hit it with something, ill get it fixed under homeowners ins.

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i hit a tennis ball today lol!:D

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my stiches out yesterday after ten days and guess what, the wound decided to reopen. Plus I did scratch a customers car. I had to hire someone to run my mower for me and yes they quit on me. This has been my worst 1-2 weeks since I started my biz! I haven't hit anything with a rock yet, that's probally next. LOL

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I had a $671.00 repair bill this week. Blew a hydro pump on one of the Choppers.

Change them filters boys, change them filters!

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member