1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

BadBoy CZT & ZT bagger kit

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I just got done installing my collection system on my CZT BadBoy, took me a couple of days since I did a little at a time, all in all, pretty simple to install. This kit also fits the ZT model, so anyone interested in either model, this is the two bin bagger kit BadBoy offers. It does seem to be durable, the framing and brackets are all metal, but the lid is plastic, seems good to me, but it is nice with the powerchute motor tucked away in the back, out of the way, I like it better than the deck mounts.

I have not used it much yet, I ran a few stripes and that is about it, the grass is soaked and the fert guy put down some fertilizer yesterday, I also just renovated so I am just going to wait a few days to get a cut it, I don't want any ruts like the neighbors got yesterday, but that is a whole different story. I will say this feels like a different mower!! It is running very smooth with the system engaged and it is doing what it is supposed to be doing and doing it well. Still plenty of power with the 23hp Vanguard, I was running about 3/4 throttle and the grass is very tall and wet and no bogging, I love this engine! This added allot of weight to the machine and it feels more stable and it not spinning at all, I did let some air out of the tires, down to 10lbs, this should help on the turf tear. Well just wanted to shoot some pics and a little info for any ZT owners out there. Cheers :drinkup:

DSCF1272.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

DSCF1273.jpg

DSCF1274.jpg

DSCF1276.jpg

2. Capemay Eagle

a couple more pics..

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

How big of a hose is that? Also, what does the opening of your deck measure, Length and Height?

Looks like a solid little mower, I like it!

4. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice outfit! Does running at 10psi effect the height or rake of the deck?

5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good!!

6. Capemay Eagle

Thank you!

Believe it or not, it is cutting better! I think I need to pitch the deck, just have not got to it yet, this seemed to help a bit. Trying to keep the tires from ripping up the turf.

That is a 6" hose. The deck opening is about 10 3/4" in length and the height is 5 1/4". Very sold little mower for the money, I picked it up for $5300, It is a light duty commercial, it has the ZT3400 Hydro gear and the Vanguard 23hp, so all around it has above and beyond what I really need. It was nice to finally get out and use it today, I am still trying to zero it in and make some adjustments to get it to my liking, getting there here and there with a few tweeks. The mower has 5 hours on the clock. I bought it in July and used it 3 times and has not been used since August!! The grass just stopped growing with the extreme heat. I renovated in early September and I am back in business :clapping:.

DSCF1188.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  7. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

Im jealous. That is exactly what I need. How much extra did the bagging system run you over the mower cost?

8. Capemay Eagle

$1195. It was $999 + tax and freight. Total mower + bag $6995

9. rob640

rob640 LawnSite Member

Looks like a very nice mower i have been considering this exact same size/model. Do you use it for commercial use? At the moment i am stuck between CZT, 42 hustler or a 36 TTHP. I would like to have at least a 42 for my few larger properties, and still fit through half of my gates, but going with a 42 ztr means ill still be using my 21' Honda quite a bit. If i go with the TTHP i will only have 2 yards that still require a 21' but the tthp wont do so well on my larger properties. Tough Decision.

10. Capemay Eagle

It has been a great mower. This mower is for my home, it is not used commercially. I think I have 16 hours on it since July. Looking forward to spring.
    Posted via Mobile Device