Badboy Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Been seeing alot of friction on here about these mowers. Just had a couple of questions? Can you get a Badboy that is driveshaft driven? What kind of warranty do they have? Also they look a little top heavy. How much can you adjust the height of the deck? 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch increments? up to how many inches? 4 0r 5? Don't know much about these mowers but there seems to be a few that does.

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is te link to their warranty info page:
    http://www.badboymowers.com/view/142
    They do not have drive-shaft driven mowers.
    Deck adjustment is continuous from about 0.5" to 5" (electric actuator).

3. Mike Blevins

One year warranty? That isn't much of a warranty. There are parts that have 2 years but the owner has to pay for the labor on the second year if something breaks! Are you kidding me? Some places get upwards $75.00 an hour to work on machines.That could be costly.

4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

You will find that that is pretty much an industry average minus a few gimmick warranty. That is a full commercial warranty, and the 2 year covers most of the expensive main parts.

5. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

Don't know about some other brands but Hustler has a 2 year parts & labor warranty for commercial, plus 3 years parts & labor on spindles and front caster fork bearings.

One year just don't seem like enough.......

6. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Toro has a 3 year on most of the parts. My diesel machines hydro system warrenty is UP, but it is leaking. Toro is covering it, even thou its outta warrenty. Now THATS customer service!

7. Mike Blevins

I think I will stick with my Scags with their 2 year full coverage on all parts and labor. Also 3 year deck and spindle warranty full parts and labor. My new Turf Tiger will also be shaft driven.

8. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I think personally the extra 2 to 4 thousand that you will save on your Bad Boy compared to the scag would pay for any small mishap that may happen. I looked at the scag before I bought my BB, and I will say I liked it and the stripping kit they had, but for the sheer difference in price (and they look cool) I went with the BB. Hell, even if you had to buy a brand new motor, it would still make since to buy the BB. Not telling what to do or anything, but if I were you, I would demo both comparable mowers for a day or so, and weigh out the differences. I don't know which on your interested in, but the turf tiger with the 26 lc kawasaki and the lightning with a 26 lc kawasaki looks like the best two to compare. There is about a 2 to 3 thousand difference in price though.

9. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually the wildcat with the 26lc would be the closest. the tiger is shaft drive deck!

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

The only shaft drive mowers that I am aware of is the scag, the Encore prowler and kubota.