Badboy ZT Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by horsequick, Jul 25, 2006.

1. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

Did some searching on here and it looks like most people that use the Badboy mower have the pup or lightning series.
    Does anyone have the Badboy ZT entry mower? I know it's their entry mower but the one I saw in person looks as strong as most other commercial machines. Anyone have any experience with them?

2. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I just talked to a guy who bought 4 ,he really likes em but they are new. He said it did some things better than their Super Z's but the Z's are older models. He did tell me the Z's were incredibly reliable for him. I have also heard that if the Hydraulic lift goes on the deck it is expensive to fix. I also talked to a guy who sold them and I was going to buy a new one from him but I bought the Z instead. After I bought the Z I called him back to get the scoope and he told me he quit selling them because the company did not treat the dealers good and he told me Hustler was much better at that. What he said was they did not want to pay a descent rate for warranty repairs and he advised to stay away! THE DEALERS WOULD KNOW.

3. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input. I work on my own equipment so dealer support is not as important as it is with most people. Since they can overnight parts directly from the factory then this may be the mower for me. I need a small 36" and am impressed that I can get it with a 26 HP engine. Shouldn't bog down in tall grass.