Baffle for 48" Exmark TTHP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NEUSWEDE, Oct 1, 2005.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am having problems with when I am mowing air blows the leaves ahead of the deck and doesn't allow them to get bagged. Is there a baffle that is made to reduce this? I am running doubles (hilifts and gators) and bagging with an accelerator bagger.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dylan

2. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Go to the Exmark web site and ask them what the part number is. When I went to my dealer to order one for my Lazer he said he never heard of such a thing as an "anti blowout baffle", but he ordered it. It did help somewhat, but I still get some blowout.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Blowout in coded in eXmark DNA....

In this case we are really talking about "blowaway" and believe me, I understand what you are going through. Things you can try to "lessen" it are the blowout baffle, going back to single blades, testing various blade styles, and testing various deck pitch/rake adjustments.

4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have the flanged baffle kit on my 52" TTHP and it helps a lot there is still some blow out when the catcher is almost full on the OCDC is down. Here is a part number list from the old Exmark forum.

P.S. I don't think the prices are accurate.

Attached Files:

5. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

The only pics I see on that page are for an "anti-blowout kit" and a "flanged baffle kit". I too have a 48" tthp and the only listing for that deck is the "Anti-blowout baffle kit"

Anyone know what this looks like? how does it vary from the other two styles and which works the best?

6. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

What blades are you using?
    I would recommend standards or low lift.

Hope that helps, littlenic

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Also, try using only the gator blades. It does help to lessen the blowout.

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's your answer!

Install skirting on the front of the deck. Use indoor/outdoor carpeting. Install so it just touches the ground and your problem will be GONE.

9. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Are gators avaiable for the new large hole exmark spindles yet? I went to my dealer and they said next year hopefully.

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Weird, I have zero blowout with my 48" TTHP.

Then again, I almost never use a bagger. Perhaps using one is restricting the airflow out of the discharge, and that pressure has to go somewhere...