bag chute getting plugged

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by os max, Dec 3, 2001.

1. os max

os max LawnSite Member
    from socal

The bag chute on my toro recycler keep getting plugged when i run across alot of leave or if the grass is a little damp. what cause this. whould toro new atomic mulching blade help.

2. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

it should .... although this is a common problem in almost all push mowers and i think it comes from the transition from running up the chute to hitting the bag( were the two meet) i would try the mulch blade and see if that doesent help ... in therory it should..

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

This is not the answer you want to here, but don't cut it when its wet. Or don't cut cut so much off (more frequent mowing) Have you asked yourself why you are bagging? (it obvious when leaves are present) Do you fertilize? If you do why would you take the nutrients/moisture and dump it ? What is your mowing height? Not trying to be a smart a$$ but people work a lot harder than they need to to have a beautiful lawn.

Mark

4. LAZERMAN

LAZERMAN LawnSite Member

SOMETHING YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK IS IF THE ENGINE IS RUNNING AT THE RIGHT RPM'S. MAKE SURE YOUR BLADES ARE SHARP, THE IDEA OF MULCH BLADES IS A GOOD ONE,BUT THEY USUALLY DONT HAVE ENOUGH LIFT TO PUSH THE LEAVES INTO THE BAGGER. SO MY SUGGESTION IS TO SET RPM'S, AND EITHER MULCH OR GET A GOOD SET OF HIGHLIFT BLADES, AND DON'T TRY TO PICK UP A WHOLE PILE AT ONE TIME, SO TAKE IT EASY AND GOOD LUCK..

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Never tried this but something like 'Slip Plate' or 'Mo-Deck' or some other product intended to keep underside of decks clean, might work i dunno. Not sure I understand what your problem is. I dont' have baggers on pushers, just a rider (1989 Toro 8-32 rear engine rider 32" deck 8hp I/C Briggs and 8 1/2 bushel bagger I made) and it works fine in leaves, not had a chance to try grass of much height as i just made the bagger last fall and nothin has grown enough since i made it to try it. :rolleyes:
    Eric