1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bag or Mulch w/ 21"??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by eXmark, Jul 11, 2007.

1. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Guys,

In the middle of doing some research concerning how 21" mowers are being used, and need some feedback. It would be great for all you guys out there in cyberspace to help me out by letting me know if you are bagging or mulching w/ your 21" mowers. Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!

2. bamacutter

bamacutter LawnSite Member

i bag and mulch! works great either way! i want ever buy any other push mower! exmark is top dog if you ask me!
  3. Groh's Mows

Groh's Mows LawnSite Member

You didn't say if you just wanted Exmark users, so here is my 2 cents. I use a Snapper 21" commercial running the ninja mulching blade even on two yards I always bag. With the high-vac deck it still inflates the bag and picks up the grass as well as leaves and some small twigs, debris etc. Switching from the bag to a mulch plug makes the mower a decent mulcher, but it will clump tall grass so I end up bagging sometimes when I would rather not and on yards I otherwise wouldn't have to for a good cut and to avoid double cutting.
  4. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

we mulch almost always with our Honda. As long as mulching gives an excellent cut, why worry about grass clipping disposal?