Bagged grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&C Lawn Care, Feb 19, 2004.

1. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

For the guys who have the walkers and Z's that have hoppers that catch the grass in the back and dump from the drivers seat, how and where are you dumping these? Do you have a collection box on the trailer, as I cannot imagine it is tall enough to dump in the back of a truck. What about dumping on-site? In most of my cases they have dumpsters that are too tall to dump into. I know not everyone bags grass as I don't at every site or everytime depending on the time of year. But at times I must bag or do leaf clean-up.

2. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

All of the lawns I do have an on site dumping spot or compost pile. Some people who wanted leaves and grass hualled away didn't realize they had enough space for a compost pile. I find it much esier to dump on site and furtunatly all of my lawns allow me to do this.

3. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

We have a couple walkers and what we do and probably most do is lay a tarp on the ground and dump grass on to tarp and load into truck then when the truck gets full during the day we take it to the dump.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

here is a picture, you are looking hard for answers. i like it.

apr08$15.jpg

5. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I dump grass from my Walker onto my trailer. I have a frame thingy up front that I use to pull off the grass. It only took me about a day to realize that tarping and loading was a little harder than I want to work.

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

this is the best acc for the walker

untitled1.jpg

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Too bad it probably costs $2,500?!?!

Cool though, any way you slice it.

8. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

If that hopper is full of wet heavy grass and it gets up that high before it dumps, does the mower have a tendency to tip backwards?

9. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

The lift feature for the Walker does cost around $2000 but it would be almost worth it for those of us that have to bag all the lawns all the time.

10. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

I use the front half of my 16ft trailer for grass clippings.

Royalslover how do you pull the grass off?
    I've been trying to figure out the best way to do it.