Bagger for 48" or 54" JD walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill K, Jun 30, 2000.

1. Bill K

Bill K LawnSite Member

I need to get a bagger for my JD HD45 48" wb, but I'm skeptical that clippings will make it all the way across the deck into Deere's side-mount bagger that has no blower to assist. Do you have any experience with these units? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

2. All Green

All Green LawnSite Member

Ihave one for my 36 johndeere works very well i did buy a deere bagger,400 I got a lesco for 149 makes mower alot wider.

3. JTurpin

JTurpin LawnSite Member

Bill, I bought one for my HD75 and I don't think it works that well. When it is half full it makes the mower deck tip that way and makes the cut uneven. I believe that it would take some kind of weight on the other side to balance it out.<p>Thanks, <br> John Turpin

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The deck wont tip if you adjust the small bogey wheel correctly.<p>You will find that the JD bag will rarely fill more than 1/3 before it plugs the discharge area. If I had to do it over again, for the same money I would buy an aftermarket catcher that fills from the front.<p>Bill

5. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have an older JD 48&quot; WB,got it in 87 I think?Got the bagger with it and it works fair..after it fills about half way it starts leaving a &quot;trail&quot;of grass.Works better for fall cleans or if you cut the grass without it first and then go over it again with it,not much of a time saver that way.<p>----------<br>John <br>