Bagger for 50" Craftsman GT3000?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by FirstSalvo, Oct 30, 2007.

1. FirstSalvo

FirstSalvo LawnSite Member
    from 45431

I own a Craftsman GT3000 made in 2001 with a 50" deck. I want a bagger unit for it but can't find any definitive info on one that would fit. Sears parts people aren't much help, sounded unsure about the bagger they wanted to sell me. They REFUSED to give me the model # so I could research it myself.

Anyone know the model number of a Craftsman bagger unit that will fit my GT3000 50" deck?

A buddy of mine has a Craftsman bagger unit made for a 48" deck and it won't mate to my 50" deck.

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

sears has one of the most effective web sites take your part number of your mower go to sears.com and plug it in and the mower and all available parts and options will be their. the chatch is you must plug the number in correctly without typos

3. FirstSalvo

from 45431

yeah thats the first place i tried. my mowers model # only brings up parts for the mower. bagger units are sold as attachments and therefore under their own model number and not listed with my mower's parts.

4. Stillwater

give me your mower numbers

5. FirstSalvo

from 45431

Craftsman GT3000 50"
    model # 917.275044
    purchased in 2001

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Our distributor reports that 48" is as large a deck that takes a bagger unit.

Looks like you are out of luck on that.

There is one for a 54", but that don't help boil your water either.

7. PBinWA

PBinWA LawnSite Member

Yup, I have that 50" deck too. It is shallow and AFAIK there is no official bagger option for it.

Look on Craiglist. Craftsman's depreciate so fast that you can probably find a unit just like yours with a 48" deck and a bagger for less than it would cost to buy a new bagger.

8. Stillwater

9. FirstSalvo

from 45431

eshskis:

Yes I believe my GT3000 has 20” tires. I’ll check when I get home.

Just curious, how did you determine that this 54” unit will fit my 50”? Do you know someone who has tried it already?

I obviously need to be sure before I order one. I just checked and none of the Sears stores in my area have the 24894 in stock so I can’t go into the store and visually see if the lower chute looks like it will mate to my deck.

10. Stillwater

My father has a craftsman tractor the tube collector is attached to the deck with bungie straps with hooks the plastic collector that attaches to the deck is larger than the opening and is somewhat flexable all of the deck openings are relatively the same. I believe most of those baggers will fit. if it doesent fit when you get it sears will take it back and their is no loss to you except some time. I have a crafstman bagger hear that you can check to see if it fits if you are in ma.