Bagger for Lazer HP 52" 23H.P. Kaw.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill Davis, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, its time for me to buckle down and buy attachment for my Lazer. I need a bagger for scalping Zoysia yards in the spring and for picking up leaves in the fall. It will not be used in the summer on a regular basis. I have seen many versions from different companies which all say that they are the best. This unit needs to be able to be removed so that my mulch kit can be used in the summer. I have looked at Exmarks vac. and am not convinced it is the best. My questions are..... do I need a pony motor with my deck only being 52 inches wide?....... Is this something that will work well with my machine in the spring and fall? Thanks guys and I hope I am not beating a dead horse with the topic.
  2. LKNServices

LKNServices LawnSite Member

The ultra-vac does an excellent job on 25/60 Lazers:)
  3. Bill Davis

What was the cost of the unit??
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Ultra vac cost around $1200-$1300. It does a great job.
    1. Takes about 20 seconds to take off with no tools, go thru gate, 20 seconds to put back on. No tools again.
    2. No extra motor to keep fuel in, change oil in, air filters, etc.
    3. Bag taper design allows wet packed leaves or grass to just fall out. No fighting to get materials out of the bags.
    4. Anti-blowout baffle is awesome.
    5. The ultravac for the HP is light enough that one person can take it off-on by yourself.
  5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with all hoss said. The ultra vac has been a good peice of equiptment for me, saved a lot of time. Time is money. :D ;)
  6. Bill Davis

I called my dealer today and he said it would cost $1600 installed with tax and everything. That sounds pretty good. My other question is how long does it take yall to take off your mulch baffles so you can bag? This is a concern to me because I would have to put it back on for some yards. Thanks.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Naw, you will not be doing that. Tooooo much trouble. Mulch kit takes to long to take off and on.
  8. Bill Davis

So, would you say just leave the bagger on all year? I will hate to deal with the grass all year long!! I guess I could use the bagger in the spring then on with the mulch kit. That would work best. I only have a 5 foot wide trailer and my Lazer just fits on there. Will I have to get a bigger trailer in order to put the bagger on? If so, how wide?
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I put the vac on in the fall for leaf pickup. After mid March I put the mulch kit back on for grass season. Then vac back on in the fall.

My big trailer is 6'6" wide and it has lots of room for it. I haven't measured it. Haven't put it on the 6' trailer so I don't know. I will have to measure it for you.
  10. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to have a look at a TRAC VAC. or a unit that reduces material, especially if your work would entail bagging large volumes of material. I have stayed away away from the UltraVac for my 52 because of that reason. The key to bagging efficiently is to empty the debris a few times as possible otherwise you are spending more time emtying than bagging.
    A 2 bag system fills up real fast.. I mulch all my big leaf jobs first with the 52 and bag with a non reducing 2 bag rear bagger which is the moist efficient way for me right now. Prob not a good idea for everyday grass bagging, but would certainly save you time for the jobs you noted.