Bagger for mini fastrak 16/42

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jas4060, May 8, 2006.

1. jas4060

jas4060 LawnSite Member

Last year when I bought my unit I asked about a what bagger was available
    and was told there was a bagger and the part # was 347476. I went to my dealer to order the bagger and it is now not available, what happened?
    I was told that there is a side bagger now available. If I get this unit do I need to change the blades to the catching flat blade?
    Also the fastrak booklet says there is an hour meter available for the mini but the dealer said it will not work with the mini.
    any info would be helpful.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That catcher is still available.
    No matter which catcher you go with you need to install the catching blade on the discharge side, it is part # 793935.
    As to a side catcher, we do not offer one, but there are aftermarket one out there, maybe this is what your dealer has available.
    The hour meter works fine, here is the information...
    Kit, Hour Meter, FasTrak 367656 $31

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I too have the MFT 16/42 and putting the hour meter in takes about 1 to 2 minutes. Punch the "blank" out on the left side of the frame, below the seat, stick the meter in the hole and there is already a connector in the wiring harness for it. The instructions will be packaged with the hour meter whenever/however you get it.

Talk to PJ or the dealer...I'd think they would supply one for free because there has been enough uproar about this subject lately, that EVERY unit now leaves the factory with one installed.

Don't mean to put you on the spot PJ, but this is how "I" think it should be handled! I think my dealer paid for the one he gave to me. VERY nice guy that Mike Lombardo! :drinkup:

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Mini FasTrak's and FasTrak's DO NOT come with hour meters from the factory, they are a owner or dealer installed option.
    Did someone tell you otherwise? if they did it is not true.

5. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I bactracked my steps and found a post where you said the Mini Z are now coming from the factory with the hour meters installed. Between that and I "thought" the dealer told me that all new models were coming with them is where I guess I got the idea

My Bad!

This is kind of disappointiong to realize. I would think Hustler could take the "hit" of $5.00 or $8.00 (can't imagine actual cost being more than that) on a machine that "starts" around $4000.00. Put a dang hour meter in as a standard feature and be BETTER than everyone else trying to steal every penny from the consumer. (no offence intended) It's rediculious to believe somone could track hours on their equipment by guessing.....

If you were to ask me how many hours are on my machine I would not know and would probably guess 6 to 8hrs, when I KNOW the meter reads 12.something + the "aprox" 2hrs on there before I installed the meter.

6. jas4060

jas4060 LawnSite Member

When my dealer used the part # for the rear bagger system he said it did not show up on his computer, he also called and was told it was no longer available.
    My machine does not have the "lazer" cutout on the housing where the hour meter would go and I looked for a wiring harness connection and there did not seem to be one. Can you please give me the part # again for the bagger? Maybe Ii used the wrong #. I really wanted the rear bagging system. Can i order it direct from hustler? or who should my dealer call to get it?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is the exact description from our price sheet, the dealer should have this, if they don't they can call the distributor and they will take care of it for them.
    Bagger Kit, Mini FasTrak 347476 $569
    Your dealer has to order it for you we do not sell direct.
    As to your hour meter location, it is lazered, just not punched out yet, there is not a hole there, but will be once you punch it out, the wiring harness is zip tied right near it, underneath the frame, just cut the zip tie and plug it in.
    I will take a picture of one today and post it, to show you what it looks like.

Pj

8. jas4060

jas4060 LawnSite Member

Thanks. I reordered the hour meter and will go back to my dealer to have him order the bagger for me and bring a copy of this e-mail for him. I will let you know if there are any problems. The new website looks great!

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds good, let me know if you have any problems.

Pj