Bagger for W/B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

What is a good brand of bagger for a 48" exmark W/B? Something not to heavy.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You Have my Personal Guarantee that Aluminum Accelerator Catchers are Far Superior to OEM Cloth Baggers or Metal Catchers like Grass Gobblers..

vikingaccel2.JPG

3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Fareway with a bagger?!? On a Viking?!? Man, what happened to you Mr. I-dont-bag-anything-and-only-use-floating-deck-mowers?

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The Viking Was the Only Dual Hydro 32" Available ..... The Catchers are Used Only For Debris....Bagging Grass is for Losers....Yes You can See Some Grass on the Catcher....I was Just Testing it for Fun on My Lawn.

5. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

You betcha kiddo.

6. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

I ended up returning the bagger that was made for my walk behind and bought an accelerator, its 100 times better.

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

The Accelerator is well worth the money! Fareway Lawncare and seacoastlandscape hit the nail right on the head. It only takes about thirty seconds to empty it and have it back on the mower. It is very light and you will be thankful you chose it after dumping it fifty times. Plus if you ever need any questions answered you can come to this site and talk to the Owner Peter.

8. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of the Accelerator baggers for an exmark never used 295.00

9. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

What does the opening look like on these? 30 seconds to empty seems like a lot compared to my cloth bagger that had a whole side exposed when I remove from the mower. Also how many bushels do the accelerators hold?

10. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I see now that they hold over 4 cu ft where the cloth baggers hold 3.6 cu ft but it looks like they sell a cloth cover for dust so now you have the weight of the accelerator PLUS the dust saturated cloth it seems to void the whole purpose of having the accelerator in the first place.

Having never used one the only benefit I can guess is that the opening for dumping is closer to the size of a trash can. Can you simply open the door on the accelerator and let it fall into the can? I know with a cloth bagger since the whole side is exposed (much larger than a trash can) you need to slowly fold the debris into the can or it will fall onto the ground.

I am in the market for a new bagger and the exmark cloth ones are $300 so I would like to weigh my options since the price is so high it is approaching the "expensive" catchers anyway.