bagger for walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Sep 9, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

ive got a toro 44" proline w/b just wondering what kind of baggers you guys run on walk behinds

2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

accelorator. 4.16 cu ft 335.00 + shipping..

Skin it!!! Its worth the investment. Installation is tricky on a few models from what I understand. My advise is to get with Peter on the Accelorator forum..

Blades

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

b&b, blades of steel and i completely agree about accelerator catchers. ive had min a few weeks and couldnt be happier with it . i have the xl model for my exmark a. i think the capacity is 6.2 cubic ft . a bit more volumn for leaf collection. dont think you can go wrong with an accelerator. they make a catcher for just about any mower you can think of .

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Talk to peter. He makes a great bagger.

5. SUGAR_CUT_MARK

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

Guys im considering getting a Bagger (possibly Accelerator or Exmark Cloth) for My Exmark Metro WB. i would primarily use it for leaf clean up. any suggestions. should i not even bother and just buy good blower and Vacuum??

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto on the Accelerator. I've got the small one for my 48 inch walk behind. It's light (relatively anyway), fills well, and empties well.

The problem is that you get covered in leaf dust and it fills up too quickly unless you grind the leaves up good first.

What I do is first let the bagger fill up and run things over at least once (using gator blades), then bag. Reduces the volume of the leaves tremendously. Still not the most efficient method, but worked for me last year.

7. SUGAR_CUT_MARK

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

thx

8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

nice to see you again darryl.

i use the bigger accelerator on my 99 lazer z 60.for fall clean ups i've found it best to break out the 11 hp little wonders and blow as many leaves as i can to the street to be sucked up by the vacs.then i run over the lawn with gator blades once then i make a pass with the bagger.i also use a trac vac on my W/Bs.kind of up there in price for that setup 1800 i think it was somwhere around in there.all depends on how many leaves your accounts get

darryl, i got a price for the ultra vac.i think im going to sell my house if i have to get one 2068 for my new Z

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Mike - Good to see you too. My computer blew up so haven't been on in a while.

I ordered the Ultravac for my Lazer. I don't know how much it costs, but I'm sure it's less than yours since it's the 2 bag unit.

10. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Accelerator for my Lazer HP. Best purchase this year hands down. Easy to attach, good capacity. The only thing I don't like is the leaves blowing up onto me. I'm going to rig up some kind of shield or something cause I sure would hate to get dirty during leaf season.:D