Bagger for WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sharp Services, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Snapper 36 Hydro Walk behind. When I got the system i purchased both the mulch kit and the bagger. The bagger is cloth and last year it got a real work out. I would like to replace it and don't want to spend the money on another cloth bag.

Do any of you use an after market bag ... I would like one that holds more and is more durable.

The mower is great, has a great cut and bags well .... I just wish the bag was better.

2. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

I have just purchased a bagger systen for my z-turn from Protero inc. These look like very nice baggers and for the walk behind they are out of the way, unlike the ones that hang off the side of course. But at least look at their website and tell me what you think. www.proteroinc.com

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Accelerator bagger

4. Sharp Services

Thanks .... I went to there site and it looks cool. Have you ever used one on a walk behind or scene one in person. Looks like it might be hard to see around. Do you know how the blower works?

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have the lesco version of grass gobblers for my cub cadet commercials and i love them because since they are metal if they touch the muffler a hole wont get burned through them. The grass gobbler and the accelerator catcher are probably the most common. The accelerator is lighter but cost about $150 to $200 more than the gobbler. The gobbler is just carbon steel and the accelerator is alluminum.

6. Sharp Services

I just emailed the guys over at accelerator and asked if they make a bag for my mower. What do you think it will cost?

7. Sharp Services

I have issues with my local lesco guy ... I would rather not buy from him if I did not have to.

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Sharp, I have an Accelerator for my Phazer and the list for the GCEX 4.15 cu. ft. is $370.00 after tax it was $395.90 I also bought the dust kit and that was like $70 or $75. Do yourself a favor and buy an Accelerator you won't be disappointed. After I posted this I went and looked at the Accelerator web site and the mounting is basically the same as eXmark, just the part # is different. For your Snapper you'll need part # CGDN for the 4.15 cu. ft. model.

Rob

9. Sharp Services

Rob ...

Thanks for the information. I will have to go out to the nearest dealer and look. The cloth bag on my mower is very dusty and in one season has shown a lot of ware.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They are all dusty. Make sure you look into getting the extension for leaves.