Bagger from J-Thomas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buttaluv, Oct 20, 2006.

1. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Does anyone have one of those double baggers from J-thomas ($1800.00), I just wondered how they were...

I went and priced one from my local Exmark dealer for my lazer and he told me 2800.00 for the clam shell bagger....I about fell over, I just can't see paying that much to pick up leave's.

2. buttaluv

from MidWest

I had another thought, what about buying a cheap lawn tractor, with a bagger, I think a guy could do that for 1500.00 and a have a little tractor to pull an aerator or something?

3. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I do not know if it would be cheaper or not but a dealer here converted a bluebird bagger to fit a Encore Prowler and boy does it work good. It dumps from the seat. You might check in to one of those.

4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Another thought trac-vac use to offer a 462z bagger for around $1200.

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto......... But I did that a couple of years ago. Then I ordered a Cyclone Rake. Half the cost and about three times the leaf capacity. PLUS the CR bag folds up and occupies very little room in my garage for the rest of the year while it's stored. I didn't know how I could have stored the Exmark clam shell other than leave one of my cars or the clam shell outside.

6. buttaluv

from MidWest

I looked at those Cyclone rakes, but I think they would be a pain to dump?