1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bagger full Alarm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know how to make a homemade one? I can never tell when my baggers full of leaves. I know some dedicated collection units have full alarms on them but this is not an option for my bagger. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

I have an alarm on all my baggers. When I see grass and/or leaves no longer being picked up, I know it's full. :laugh:
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

when I see blowout occur then I know it is full
  4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Usually the leaves and grass start blowing out the front of the bagger or in the case of a cloth bagger on a small walk behind you get a different sound and the bag starts to depress from the lack of air flow.
  5. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Adjust the counterweights on the front of the mower so that it starts doing wheelies when the bagger is full.
  6. Lynden-Jeff

Wow I found that hilarious for some reason lol.

This is a bagger on a ZTR. It always has some blowout and I find when the thing is full it just starts packing down the tube until its jammed the hose all the way to the blow housing so it never really stops "sucking up leaves" lol. If I just left it and kept going it would just jam up the entire thing.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I had alarms on Walker and Scag Cougar but they are broke.....but don't need them you can tell by sound when the bins are full. If you don't get it correct you are unplugging the entire machine.
  8. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what kind of mower you use but on my Walker, the GHS blower shuts off when the grass backs up into the chute and I can definitely hear it stop (even when I'm wearing earplugs). It originally came with an automatic full signal but I got tired of it starting to beep when the bag was half full so I disabled it.:drinkup:
  9. Lynden-Jeff

Its a bobcat with a giant vac fast vac. I definitely does not shut off when the tube starts to back up. The blower doesn't really make a different noise which is part of my dilemma + I wear ear phones since the blower makes it sound like there's a hurricane at my feet.

10. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

No alarm on mine, but usually after one song on the headphones they're full...or one of them is anyway.:realmad: The other only fills up about a third while one overflows...about that time it starts shooting out from under the deck and leaving a little line clippings behind me. Grrr...It came with a set of high lift blades, but I havn't put them on yet. I wonder if that'll make any difference.