Bagger options for a 717a

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tat900, Nov 27, 2006.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking at the options for my 717 i ve seen the accelrator is there any other types of baggers like that made for a deere ?

2. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone know of any other brands on the market?

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I also have a JD 717A, and have just finished the first season. And, I have the same question as you. I have a hard time to justify the cost of a full-scale bagger system ($1,500-$2,000). But, the thought of putting a bagger on the deck such as an Accelerator seems like a mismatch. I can't imagine stopping, get off/on, etc with frequent dumps.

I do believe the 19hp Kaw is marginal on power, making a spindle driven vac unit questionable.

There seem to be several folks on LS that have bought a Cyclone Rake and are happy with their choice. I don't believe any have mentioned mounting on a 717A, but the ZTR model/brand should not matter.

4. whiskeymaker

whiskeymaker LawnSite Member
    from Tn

hey guys,

i'm in the same boat. ive got a 737. the compartment baggers are just too high from JD.

Check on Grass Gobbler, Peco and there is another one that I cant remember.

Remember your going to pay top dollar during leaf season.

5. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

Peco makes baggers for JD as well as many other brands and they are very nice units. Both rear mount and trailer mount. Go to lawnvac.com to check them out.