Bagger question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GoBlues39, May 17, 2007.

1. GoBlues39

GoBlues39 LawnSite Member

I have a John Deere 48' HD45 Hydro wb mower and would like to find a cheap bag for it. At the Deere dealer they wanted 350+ and I only have 2 yards to bag. But now I have to mow with a 21" to bag so the bag on the JD would speed things up greatly. Is there any way to find a cheaper bag or used bag that would fit on this mower? Is that a typical price for a bag? Is it worth it to buy one for 2 lawns? Thanks, Matt

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I would say if you only bag 2 lawns dont spring for a bagger but you can get a Grass Gobbler for about $250 but still I wouldnt spring for 2 accts tell the owners the benefit of not bagging and how it helps the lawn not hurts it and give them one cut to decide on if theyll accept it that way its faster to double cut and make it disapear and you wont have to dispose of clippings

I had alot of bagging accts and this year I stopped bagging 100% and have not lost any accts and if you do lose them its only 2 accts and there is plenty more out there

3. Paul in Maryland

Paul in Maryland LawnSite Member

Those Grass Gobblers are better than nothing, but boy, they sure widen your turning circle. As a teen in the 1960s and 70s, I used to cut grass with a side-jutting bag. When I first saw a rear-bag Snapper, I thought I was in Heaven.