Baggers for Great Danes

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by DaJman, Jun 12, 2003.

1. DaJman

DaJman LawnSite Member

I've been seeing these Accelerator Catchers lately and am intrigued about seeing how they work with Chariots...a bagger like this on a rider seems kind of unique, and I am wondering if anybody out there with a chariot has used this product and if they are as effective as your typical collection system, i.e. Peko, etc...these things just hook onto the deck, and I would love to know if they are worth it instead of going with a spindle driven or engine powered collection system...any help out there?

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

DaJman:

I'm familiar with the catcher you speak about. Being aluminum makes it lighter than most. Adapting a system like this to any mid mount rider will work however, because of the volume of grass clippings a 52 or 61-inch cutter deck can produce will require you to empty it every row you cut. This is lost productivity! The advantage to a collection system (like the one's you mention) would be capacity i.e. 14 bushels. By the way, Great Dane will be introducing our own spindle driven collection system to fit all model year 2003 Chariot / Chariot LX Mid Mounts.

Hope this helps!

John Joensen
    Sales and Marketing Manager
    Great Dane Power Equipment

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use the same bagger. I can use it on my GD walk behind or my 60" Lazer Z. I find it very productive. After you mow the outer perimeter of a lawn and around the trees etc., put on the bagger to collect the clippings. It will not hold as much as the peco or similar set up, but it does not cost $2000 either.

4. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Accuatelawn:

Very interesting! It's nice to learn from the people that use our products. It would be interesting to hear the thoughts from other end-users.

Keep the information coming!

Thank You

John Joensen

5. renda454

renda454 LawnSite Member

I bought the bagger for my 61 great dane and it works good if you start mowing on the outside with it off and mow until you get to the middle where the clippings are throwing past each other and then put the bagger on and finish mowing the rest.

6. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thanks for the information. I am glad that it is working for you. Just a note to let you know that our spindle driven 14 bushel catching system is now being shipped to distribution. It works great. The price is $1899.00.

Thanks for using Great Dane products.

7. renda454

renda454 LawnSite Member

I use one , they work fine but they do not hold very much

8. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

DJP

Just a note, I realise that it takes a while to get things rolling but shipping in late November, early December. c'mon, leaf season is most usually over by then. It seems you should have been on the stick and got it out September at the latest.

I havnt used a spendel driven unit, I think the 25 hp 61" will be under powered though, just my thoughts especally after 1000 hours or so.

I am building a unit myself with an 8 hp and 20" impeller from an Agri-Fab mow-n-vac trailer. The trailer has worked well as a trailer but turning is a b***h pulling it with a "Z".

I looked for these units in sept. if they had have been available I would have bought one.

Jim

9. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Naturalawn--Jim,

I am sure you've heard about the best laid plans. Some times things just don't pan out the way you want them to. We wanted to make sure they were properly tested before sending them to the field. I appreciate your comments and appreciate your use of Great Dane products.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

10. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you talking about?