Baggers for leaf cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,

Well I'm new to fall cleanups and i'm looking for some info. I don't really wanna spent to much cash on leaf vacs or loaders but i'm wondering if a bagger for my 52" bobcat rider will do an efficient job? I notice now when I do a pass on some ones lawn there are virtually no leaves left so I assume if I had a bagger it would suck it all up? How many of you guys do this?

Cheers
    Jeff

2. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

I use my tiger cub to bag my lawns for fall cleanups.
    love it!
    pc

3. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i put a hasty vac on my bob cat 219 it worked really well you just have to go slow.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

When you say bagger are you talking about a collection system for the back or just a bag that hangs on the side of the machine?

With a deck that big and being a rider I would go with some type of collection system for the back. But they are gonna cost a lot more.

The bags that mount on the side would fill up pretty fast with that size machine and the speed that it can move.

5. pcarlson1911

As pugs clarified, I'm using a power assisted bagger on my tiger cub. Three bags across the back. The lawn is spotless.
    pc

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Im going for the 2 back bagger which uses a blower driven off the deck. I think its either made BY bobcat or Giantvac. No matter what I know its assisted by a blower.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a twin bagger non powered for the rear of my cub rzt.

Best thing ever made.

I love it. I'll be honest though,
    I have only clogged it once, and that was in tall wet grass. You do have to go kinda slow, but I'd rather go slow, then be raking!

8. pcarlson1911

I did the lawn at my favorite account two days ago. the leaves are starting to come down. At 3.5" all the leaves were cleared from the lawn. I mean ALL the leaves. I pu the deck all the way down to the lowest setting and the mower and bagger cleaned EVERY leaf came up off the wet driveway. I didn't blow the leaves somewhere else, I collected them all. It was AWESOME. the house looked better than it ever has before.

I think a power assisted bagger is a geat cleanup tool.
    pc

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

This may be stretching the truth some.........but I have a bagger on my John Deere and with leaves it seems I go 20 feet and have to dump, seems I spend more time getting on and off and dumping then anything else. Leaves dont pack like grass does. I liked the tarp and rake better than the bagger.

I purchased a cyclone rake, and plan on using it this fall for leaves

wayne

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go over the leave backwards first then bag:)