Baggers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by horseman201, Sep 25, 2002.

1. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

I am in a pinch and need a bagging system to get up leaves. I was wondering if one of those baggers that just fits on the discharge will work. The one I am talking about is the one that sticks out from a zero turn and a walkbehind. I want the one that will ride on the back of my zero turn that hold 12 cubic feet of debree but I can't afford it yet. What do you guys think?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

well why bag? can a set of good mulching blades, maybe even doubles, and if needed go over it twice, or go over once with the good mulchers then again with a smaller bag, why waste money????

3. hnter

hnter LawnSite Member

they fill up way too quickly...aggressive mulching blades will help a little by shredding the leaves before they hit the bag, but you'll still be stopping to empty the bag a lot...maybe run over them a few times before bagging...

4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I use my Craftsman to bag with but now that pinestraw is falling I dumped my 3 bin bagger (9 bushels) 7 times yesterday on a medium sized lawn that usually only takes 30 minutes to do. With all that bagging and dumping (at the customers request) it took me a hour . On top of that its really hard to get off a Z Master and get on a Craftsman.:cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

5. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

What type of machine do you have???
    I just got an ultra vac for my lazer Z HP... so far I think this thing's gonna kick a** on leaves.... I know it will easily pay for itself, and quickly!!!!:cool:

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Horseman
    Try This 10.3 Bushel Side mount Bagger. 704-359-0403. It's a two part bagger. they Don't have a web site. it's built buy john Gibson Design.
    Also AcceleratorBagger. They have a 5.0 Bagger. I Have used It's very good.
    Johnny G.:cool:

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

whats a bagger?;)

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I promoted this catcher here a long time ago, I will have to see if I can find the thread.
    It is by far the best you can buy !!!
    You buy it in 2 sections, you dont have to buy the extension, but it does come in handy during leaf season.
    I can hook ya up if interested
    Later
    Pj

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Accelerator makes some nice ones. Since they're aluminum they're light, won't rust, durable, an allow superior airflow for dense pack. They're the way to go if you don't want a whole collection system.