bagging clippings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B16bri, Oct 22, 2013.

1. nobody bags here. i mulch my St. Augustine lawns. bagging is a waste of time here and your robbing nutrients from the lawn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

A quality mulch mower is far superior to bagging or sideshooting... the Timemaster 30 is an excellent mulcher, as it turns out... :)

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Bag in spring and fall when there is debris on the lawn, or growth is high enough that clippings won't disperse with either blowing or a double cut. Other than that I try to never bag as it's a pain in the butt when you have nowhere to dump all the clippings.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

find the nearest white mercedes and paint it green buddy!

I'm pretty sure that's what my crew leaders always tell the new guy...because it seems to be a car, fence or house siding, ever.single. year.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

This is very true. The TimeMaster does not over process and juice clippings.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I've never had that problem as much as my other pushmowers under process the clippings, almost as bad as side-shooting...

7. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering the same thing, I am considering buying a Peco bagger for my str, but I don't know if I will use it enough and how I would accurately charge the additional service as well. How much more do people charge for bagging?

8. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Extra 10/cut if its weekly, 20 if its a 1 time thing

9. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Lawns are mulched all the time.

Will use a bag when doing fall clean ups.

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

To reduce exessive growth requiring clipping haul off it is important to get or BE in control of the fert program and water cycles.

Sadly it is often faster to bag on smaller lawns with driveways and walks right on the edge of the grass than it is to spend the extra time making a second pass and the extra time to clear debris and green track marks off concrete etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device