bagging clippings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B16bri, Oct 22, 2013.

1. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

i bag about 35 out of 100 lawns . its not the bagging that bothers me its getting rid of the clippings . 40 minute ride to the dump and 40 minute ride back plus time there . if i can cheat i will if no one is home lol

2. Tylerr83

Tylerr83 LawnSite Member

I bag clippings on about half my lawns. its a pretty common request in the area that I work. I charge 25% of the cost per cut for bagging.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

It's very common here especially on the smaller lawns. When our vac systems brake down and were forced to let them all fly our income for the day drops 150-200 dollars for that crew. So there is a sound reason for us bagging the smaller stuff its quicker. Over 10k sq feet I prefer to let it fly and only bag if I have no other choice to make the lawn look good.

4. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I love my TimeMaster when I mulch clippings. It doesn't bag that well. Side discharging is good for leaves. Overall I think it's a decent mower. I'm thinking about buying a TurfMaster for next season to use along side my TimeMaster.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a set or 2 of Higher lift TurfMaster blades for the TimeMaster. Makes a HUGE difference when you have to bag.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That good huh? I'll have to check it out. Although I don't have much left to mow. Any difference with side discharge or is it pretty much the same?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Side discharge has a bit more velocity but the biggest difference is a tighter cut due to more lift...running TurfMaster blades...in all cutting modes.

In over grown thick tall grass side discharge with TimeMaster blades. Use full tip for TurfMaster owners as well. Get a pair of lower lift blades for THOSE lawns where engine struggles.

:waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

We bag about 80% of the lawns.

9. Poopy Shoe

Poopy Shoe LawnSite Member

We use dedicated mulching mowers on all but one of our customer's lawns. He's a very sweet old man and we're just doing what he can't do for himself.

It's funny though, every day I see all my competitors driving around with a trailer full of bagging equipment and a truck full of clippings. I'm pretty sure I'm making a bigger profit.

10. when I was young and dumb I did.