Bagging from a Walker GHS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djsmokin, Feb 17, 2003.

1. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Anyone found a company that sells a plastic bag that will go over the Walker GHS small hopper so you can dump right into the bag? If so, where can you get them and how much did they cost you? Thanks

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to Walkers website www.walkermowers.com and look under accessories. Walker makes one. Never used it myself...but it could work well. Not sure on the price either. If you use it...let us know how it works...
    :blob3:

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco carries a woven nylon bag in sizes The smaller will hold a

9.5 catcher full. Cost $ 35 Ed

4. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Looking for throw away plastic bags...thanks

5. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

there are all kind of manufactures on web sites that have different thickness and size bags. I did a search last year when I was considering a Walker. The throw away kind that you can reuse would be the optimum I am sure. One of the guys I think from new zealand was using Burlap from the wool industry, He had the best Idea..... do a search

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

9.5 bushels in a plastic bag. Then what? That load is heavy if it is dry, I cant imagine how much more when wet.
    I can tell ya that if you are successful in finding a bag you will become much more of a man after a week of mowing.

Yes I do have a Walker and am speaking from experience.

7. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

It's the small hopper ED

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I get big plastic bags from Turf N Garden here locally. They are $2 each and are so thick they can be reused many times. I'll see if I can find out where they get them.

I've been able to dump 2 full 9.5 bushel hoppers full into one bag, if it's dry. They come in REALLY handy during leaf season.

I could buy a whole box and ship them to ya, if you like. Let me know.

9. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

djs,
    My Walker Dealer carries a really heavy plastic bag that will hold the 9.5 bushel. I bought some clips at Lowes, and clip the bottom to the bag to the mower, lift and dump, pull the clips and throw the bag away. 2 people can move a full bag around enough to throw it in a truck or trash can. I am careful with my and bags can use them 2-3 times before throwing them away. You get 60 bags for aroung $50.00. I will try and find out where he buys them from.

10. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

If you want good bags, try your local janitorial supply place and ask for the biggest best bags and you will probably get them for very cheap. I found I can get more bags, better quality and cheaper than walmart can sell them for. I have seen people take a plastic trash can, cut the bottom out and line it with a plastic bag held up with a bungi cord, fill it, then just lift the can off. There is a web site that sells something like this (don't know what site it is), but a $9 trash can from walmart is cheaper anyway.