bagging grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nova385, May 13, 2002.

1. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

I am new to the lawn biz and would like to know on average how much more to charge customers to bag and remove grass (tall & wet) from the property?

I did this for the firts time this weekend and lost my but on a job. Spent 2 1/4 hours on the lawn. I use a 48" ferris with a grass gobbler.

Any advice would be great.
    thanks-

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

the only time i bag a lawn is in the spring and fall for cleanups. Sometimes if its really tall, ill double cut the lawn, but its far faster in my opinion than bagging it. definately side discharging is the way to go.

3. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

The lady went to FL. for 2 weeks, and we got a bit of rain- anyway the grass was 12" tall in spots and I could not let it set on her lawn. I could only cut around 21" at a time or the mower would bogg. I bagged it up then recut the lawn. It would have looked like hell if it was not bagged up. I was just woundering what I should have added to the price of the normal cut.
    \
    thanks

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

oh. ok. thats different. i myself havent come across that type of situation, but ive heard of guys with that problem, who will charge at least double the price of the cut if its been neglected and is ridiculously tall