Bagging lawns this week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, May 13, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think that out of all my lawns this week I have bagged 80% of them because of so much growth and because of how wet they are.

Has anybody else run into that problem this week as well?

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. But only around 50%.

3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bag all the lawns I do

100% all the time

4. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

If their's one thing i hate about lawn care, it's bagging lawns. Not only does it take more time, but it just fels better to discharge the clippings over the lawn.

5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here Wayne, as long as it does'nt clump up it.

6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I bag a couple that have a lot of beds on the borders, just to help keep the clippings off of the mulch.

I had a customer call me tonight and he wants me to bag it every other cut to keep the clippings to a minimum. Every time I have cut his lawn this season I have had to make two passes to get it looking good. His lawn is around .5 acre so we will se how this goes tomorrow especially since he had the sprinkler system installed and he just loves to water his lawn now.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I remember when I used to bag a 4 to 5 acre lawn before. Did I mention that I used to. YEAH! After the second time I told the guy, no more bagging. He agreed with not bagging it I think because of the price.

8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

i never bag unless they want to pay for it and request it...I just make sure I blow the lawn off after I'm done....looks just as good.

Jeff