Bagging not bagging

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by T-Trim, Oct 23, 2007.

?

bagging not bagging

Poll closed Oct 26, 2007.
  1. Bag all the time remove off site

7.4%
  2. Not Bagging

70.4%
  3. Bag only if need be dump on site

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bag and dump on site

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bag only if if be remove off site

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

Do you guy bag or not bag the whole season? And what is your pricing? As far as different in the way you handle it.

If you were to bag and remove off site, what would be the different in price if bagged and dump on site?

2. B Stove

B Stove LawnSite Member

Nope, I only bag 2-3 times in spring and fall cleaup.

3. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I used to bag throughout the Season, but this past Summer I started mulching the clippings and I've noticed that putting the clippings back into the lawn does make a big difference. I think I'm gonna keep mulching in the summer, and then when the leaves fall I bag/vacuum them up. I'll also bag as part of the Spring- Clean up, When the lawn is very long, and of course for the people that perfer their lawn to only be bagged!

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

The only bagging I do is when the customer wants his bermuda scalped the first of the season. Was charging 2x mow price....after reading lawnsite, I know I should be charging 3x mow price and $3 per bag if I haul it.

5. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

Well in my area it could be 5 buck more to bag . I don't know what it would be for removal off site. That why I asked.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

If the customer wants it baged all year then I do it, otherwise I usually bag in the spring/fall and mulch in the summer.

7. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I look forward to just a few years from now, when the biofuel industry as a whole turns to the commercial mowing industry and begins to ASK FOR the bulk of our clippings for use as ethanol! I envision township and county operated clipping and brush drop-off 'stations', that, of course, would be voluntary, but at some point may actually pay :usflag: the 'dumper' a small amount for their 'clean' loads! (Smart investors, right now, are putting their money into things like that: ANY type of biosolid recycling, and smart research into feasability of use of different types of wastes for biofuel for the future, and how they would be best transformed, and the logistics of how it would get done.)

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That would be cool:cool2:

9. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Our contract states: Clippings will be discharged or mulched. If they want it bagged we charge per cut $5 and leave it with them or $8 and haul it off. We don't want to do allot of bagging, it take way to much time and $$$ to dispose of all the grass. Even in the fall we won't do it unless there paying for a "Fall clean-up"

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

It would be more like a forced requirement to give them to the township. Just like the hundreds of townships that make it mandatory to recycle for "their" profit